• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Wrong Listing In Serp

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Santosh

Santosh

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:33 AM

One of the URL of my site appearing for the particular keyword but i have never optimize the page that is appearing in SERP.There are other page for that keyword.I wanted to remove wrong listing from SERP.How can i remove that wrong listing from SERP ?

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,108 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:56 AM

You don't! That is how search engines work. YOU do NOT get to decide which URL will be shown to search engine users for a particular word or phrase the search engine does.

Smart and REAL SEOs use that to their advantage rather than trying to fight against it.

And as I have often posted, to search engines NO optimisation is just that much better that clueless optimisation.

#3 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,636 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:57 AM

Apparently the search engines consider that page to be optimized for that term, even if you never deliberately did anything in that direction. It might be a good learning experience to take a closer look at the page and the links pointing to it, to see what might be there that would lead them to think the page is relevant for that term.

But since nobody can control the search engines (well, except the employees of the search engines themselves, and even for them the results get away from them sometimes)... the best thing to do is to make sure your overall site navigation is in shape, and that no matter what page people first land on they can quickly orient themselves, figure out whether that page is the one they want or if they need another, and (if they need another) get to the page they're seeking in as few clicks as possible.

For instance, you might consider putting a link on the page that does show up in search, one that takes people directly to the page you think they ought to be seeing for that keyword. Put some kind of explanatory verbiage on it: "Do you prefer your lederhosen in red? Visit our Red Lederhosen page!" Or create a little banner "advertisement" that links to the page. Something to catch their attention and direct them to the page you think they should have found in the search results.

My :02:

--Torka :propeller:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!