• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Image Exif Data & Seo

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JeremyH

JeremyH

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:49 PM

My website is a database of places.

The homepage lists these places based on the user's location with a link to the "place" page with full details and images of this place.

I am utilizing Rich Snippets to markup these place pages where appropriate, including their geo location. http://support.googl...n&answer=146861

My question is about the images on the page:

I have a script that takes a full-size high-resolution image and makes a small thumbnail and as well as a reasonably sized image to display on the internet. I am working now on making this script add the appropriate exif data to "geotag" these images based on the place's coordinates.

I am doing this because I think it will be helpful, but I'm wondering what SEO benefits I might see from this. I'm also wondering what other exif data should I edit to better improve the usefulness of these images and gain whatever SEO benefit I can.

A little off topic, but lastly, what "reasonably sized image to display on the internet" should I make? Right now I am scaling these images to 500px max for either dimension. Shy of offering a full sized 5000px image, what would be an ideal size? Maybe one that would be considered "large" for Google Image Search.

#2 JeremyH

JeremyH

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

After much troubleshooting I was able to get the script to work. I'd like to revisit this to see if I could solicit any more feedback. Is there any benefit, SEO or accessibility wise to add maybe descriptions or comment exif tags to the images on my website? For sure I will be adding the image location for my place driven website.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!