Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:52 AM
I'm digging deeper into the Keywording end of this now that I'm finished building the campaigns and ad groups. Right now I'm sitting on 18 Campaigns, 90 Ad Groups, and about 2500 Ads spread between them. I'm really enjoying the Wordtracker tool - I have a seven day trial and I'm trying to get the most of it. I'm wanting to make sure that I'm not doing more stupid things as I add Keywords to each of these Ad Groups. For instance:
The Seed Keyword "online mastering service" yields ~450 suggestions from Wordtracker. What I've been doing is:
Godwilling, I end up with 15-30 keywords that still make sense and I trim again just to make sure none slipped through. Is this sensible, or should I reorder steps 2-4, based on your experience. I figured best thing to do was, generally...
- Going through each one and deleting ones that don't make sense.
- Filtering the remaining ones by Competition, LOW to HIGH, deleting lower half.
- Filtering remaining of those by Local Searches, HIGH to LOW, deleting lower half.
- Filtering remaining of those by Cost Per Click, LOW to HIGH, deleting lower half.
- Bid on keywords that make sense
- Bid on cheaper keywords if possible (that still make sense)
- Aim for those with lower competition
- Aim for those with large amounts of search activity.