• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Breadcrumbs And Seo Post Panda 2012

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Force7

Force7

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:58 PM

Hi,

I am in the middle of a complete website redesign in attempts to update our coding because we were practically wiped with Panda but have not been able to figure out why. We need a new updated design anyway and decided this was the best course so jumped in with both feet.

Just about to go live with some pages and suddenly realized the design we are using uses static breadcrumbs instead of dynamic. I have always wanted to add breadcrumbs because I feel it would help the user experience but post Panda/Penguin I am not sure of the best way.

Not sure of the best breadcrumbs to use either, in my research I find some that use the path and others the history (using a cookie). I thought I found the perfect one but then it uses the title tag, but I want it to use the file name, title would be way too long.

Someone point me in the right direction. Should I use breadcrumbs, how good is it for SEO right now?

Here is the test site / page with the 'static' one. " http://force7.us/spanish dot php"
As you can see the design was created for the breadcrumbs.

Thanks for any advice!
Force7

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,717 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

Having or not having "crumb trail" navigation is NOT an "SEO" concern but a User Interface/Design/Layout concern.

If the layout is set to use them, then use them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!