• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Ranking On Google+ Local

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 contractorjay

contractorjay

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:31 AM

Not sure if it's called google+ local or google+ pages business but i'm pretty frustrated with not being able to rank on the first page. I've hired 3 seo "pros" in the past 3 years and all were equally horribly. I took the time to do my own research and was able to optimize the on page content and produce fresh blogs 2 times a week. I've put a lot of work into my website but still havent had good results in the + local pages. I have over 20 + reviews versus a lot of competitors who have less than 10. Sometimes I even see companies who are 10 miles farther away from me and still have better ranking.

Yes I filled out every info on the page.

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,959 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:02 PM

stop looking at what you think competitors are doing.

and produce fresh blogs 2 times a week

And ???

third thing is to stop thinking that "checking rankings" is useful.

#3 contractorjay

contractorjay

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

stop looking at what you think competitors are doing.

And ???

third thing is to stop thinking that "checking rankings" is useful.

I'm lost here... I have no idea what my competitors are doing. But I do know w/e I'm doing, it isnt working.

blog posts equates to fresh content? thats what ive been told at least.

if im not checking where my listing is on google + local, how would i know if what im doing is working or not?

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,967 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:17 AM

Google Places pages have nothing to do with whether you write blog posts. It has its own algorithm of what makes things show up first, which is independent of the organic listings.

Have you tried using Adwords?

#5 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,959 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

if im not checking where my listing is on google + local, how would i know if what im doing is working or not?

Checking ranking isn't really going to tell you "how you are doing" anyway, the results you see are already biased by the way you search

Checking your site logs for search referals will give you far more.useful information.

#6 Tiggerito

Tiggerito

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

Google Places likes citations. That is, pages confirming your business Name, Address and Phone number (NAP).

Work at getting your NAP details registered with websites like local business directories and make sure your own website also confirms it.

Be very consistent so Google can easily determine that the NAP represents your business places entry.

#7 contractorjay

contractorjay

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:59 AM

Google Places likes citations. That is, pages confirming your business Name, Address and Phone number (NAP).

Work at getting your NAP details registered with websites like local business directories and make sure your own website also confirms it.

Be very consistent so Google can easily determine that the NAP represents your business places entry.

yes, im already in multiple directories. any other suggestions to improve google+ local ranking?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!