• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Landing Page Design Resource Recomendation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nethy

nethy

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:17 AM

I need a good resources that I can recommend/purchase for a young designer to get him familiar with landing pages design. His background is graphic design (recently graduated from a design school) and I want a resource focused mostly on that. He knows the basics of design, html/css & dreamweaver. He doesn't have any background in marketing, copywriting or such so it needs to basic on that front. He was recently introduced to a/b testing, heatmaps & such tools and has taken to that side of things very well.

I'd like to have him ready to start making design suggestions & coming up with his own landing page ideas to go into our testing schedule.

He loves cool design. Fun is good.

Any suggestions?

#2 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,635 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:13 AM

Many of the webinars at MarketingExperiements.com focus on landing page design and conversion optimization. He might also benefit from some of the articles at The Conversion Scientist, GrokDotCom and Psychotactics.

Don't Make Me Think, by Steve Krug, is an excellent book that he will almost certainly find useful. It's billed as being about "website usability" but there's info in there about page layout that should be helpful. Plus, it's good stuff for a designer to know in any case.

I haven't read it myself, but Landing Page Optimization: The Definitive Guide to Testing and Tuning for Conversions, by Tim Ash et.al. has some good reviews on Amazon and looks pretty promising.

--Torka :propeller:

#3 Bootfit

Bootfit

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

I always point people towards Designing For Web Standards by Zeldman.

It's not particularly dedicated to web marketing but more standards-based design and explains how build well optimised pages which go hand in hand with good SEO and in-turn help deliver results in the search engines.

#4 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,015 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

Another book to add to the "SEO + Design/Development " library is "Marketing in the Age of Google". written by Vanessa Fox (ex Googler for those who don't know of her)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!