• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Panda 3.9 Impact

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sefmal

sefmal

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:45 AM

Hello,

I am seeing a decline in my site's SERP that started after July 24th panda 3.9 release. What I’m seeing is a couple of words that dramatically lost rankings and others that lost some rankings (by some rankings I mean: from number 3 to 8, from number 5 to 12, from number 3 to 13, etc.). I still have quite a few words that rank in the first page ( including top 3 for a few). I have seen a few positive movements of 1 or 2 rankings for just a few words, but again, the overall trend looks pretty bad right now with words quickly dropping.
Up until Panda 3.9 I have experienced positive movement consistently for over 6 month. As part of my SEO techniques I did use directory submittion and social bookmarking but I do not think I over did this plus I try to submit only to good directories (and this was only part of the things i do, other than content, site structure, good social media presence, etrc.).

My question is:
  • What am I doing wrong…?
  • How can I know for sure if I am being penalized by google?
  • What can I do to fix this and start crawling up again?
  • How much time does it take to fix damages if I was indeed hit by Panda? I mean, is it just like optimizing again or will it take more time due to the fact that it is a Panda issue.
Thanks for any help or advice.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,967 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:31 AM

Panda has so many issues involved with it, it's impossible to say without a full review of your website and your analytics.

It could be simply that your directory links don't count anymore so that pushed you down. Also look at keyword stuffing on your pages. And low quality pages on the site as a whole.

See this article "Why SEO in All The Right Places Doesn't Cut it Anymore" for additional information.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!