• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Allintitle

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MarcP

MarcP

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:50 AM

Hi I would like to know if allintitle search is still a valid means for competition research and what is recommended search results for possible ranking with very few back links?

According to SEOmoz page title is the most important SEO on page element. Since I work full time and have access to my iPhone regularly I need a means to analyze competition on my iPhone as the likes of Market Samurai are not web based.

#2 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:37 PM

Hi I would like to know if allintitle search is still a valid means for competition research and what is recommended search results for possible ranking with very few back links?

By itself it doesn't tell you much. Some people don't understand how it works and they complain that it doesn't always report good information. A Web page that is only partially indexed or which may not be trusted may NOT be shown in the "AllInTitle" results.

According to SEOmoz page title is the most important SEO on page element. Since I work full time and have access to my iPhone regularly I need a means to analyze competition on my iPhone as the likes of Market Samurai are not web based.

Don't put too much stock in what SEOmoz or any other Website says is the "most important" anything. These are opinions and opinion polls and they reflect personal interpretations of relatively limited experience sets (no one can really isolate the factors).

You'll do better to spend less time worrying about what the competition is doing because you have no way of knowing what is hurting or helping them. Websites often rank in spite of themselves.
  • briancrouch likes this

#3 DeanXzist

DeanXzist

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

Hi Marc,

I personally always use the allintitle: as one of my considerations when completing keyword research. With that being said you certainly shouldn't use the results as a deciding factor on their own when choosing the right keywords.

From the first day that I began learning SEO just over 15 years ago I was always taught that it doesn't matter if 50 people of 50,000 people are competing for first page rankings on a keyword, you only need to worry about the top 10.

I also have to agree with Michael, nobody is able to pinpoint specific ranking factors as the most important. I personally subscribe to the practice of making sure all known factors are addressed in the best possible way. Page title is just one of the factors that needs your attention.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!