• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

G! Local Business, + Merge?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Akuta

Akuta

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:14 AM

Just want a clarification on this issue from you gals/guys.

I've read G! local and + pages were merged, but the old way to add and manage an address, http://www.google.co...=US#phonelookup, is still available and active. https://plus.google.com/local doesn't seem to offer a way to add a new business. Are the sites simply not merged yet?

Edited by Akuta, 31 July 2012 - 10:14 AM.

#2 danaditomaso

danaditomaso

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:34 AM

They're not 100% merged, despite the name change. If you add an address the "old" way, it's still a Google+ Local page. If you're adding an entirely new address, I'd recommend doing that. I'd also recommend checking out getlisted.org as they have a lot of great info about local search, especially in the US.
  • Jill and Akuta like this

#3 OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy

Work is Fun

• 4,713 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:57 PM

Google intend combining Google+ for business and local but they appear ot have missed the fact that the pages are going to be on different Google accounts, and that in Europe they could well be breaching the human rights of European citizens.

Google are already staring down the barrel of a gun in Europe at the moment as a European commision investigating has hauled Google back in court over illegal data hacking. This is VERY serious as human rights are the #1 cornerstone of European community, and Google have been found to have deliberately hacked into computers with their streetview cars.

I don't have a clue how Google will now 'merge' they 17 million + for Buiness pages and local pages that they have.

Once again it is a Google fail :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!