• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

What To Do With Content I No Longer Want On My Blog?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Cwtguy87

Cwtguy87

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

I am somewhat torn on what to do here...

My blog which is focused on investing has 120 indexed posts by Google. For a few weeks now I have had my readers tell me they only want the content on stocks. Truth be told, it's the one category I am really passionate abour writing. Included in that is a couple of other categories. Another interesting thing, these are the only pages I am getting traffic from, approximately 70 indexed posts. I have read some research to suggest, some of my SERPs have even been hurting because of many of my irrelevant 50 or so posts.

What do I do with the other unrelated 50 posts? I no longer want to be affiliate with these posts and have in fact never gotten search traffic from any of them. Most of them were written trying to please everyone or score search traffic due to popularity. However most of them are poorly written or just redudant content.

Here are the Problems or Concerns:
  • 15-20 of these posts that are up for question are guest posts. What do I do for guest posts?
  • Is it bad to delete a large amount of posts all of the sudden? What signal does this send to Google?
  • Some of these posts in question have some decent backlinks but most do not
  • Should I be considering 301 redirects? Where would I send them the homepage?
Any suggestions, links or experience are appreciated.

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,103 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

1) If they are any good, keep them, if not, dump them

2a) Nope 2b) that you have removed some URLs.

3) And??

4a) Sure, why not. 4b) send them to the most suitable URL for visitors, if there is one, if not, send them to a sitemap, where visitors can decide if there is something else to look at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!