• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Question Re Artifical Link Building - Next Step

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tonyhr

tonyhr

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:07 AM

I have a question regarding the Google message I recieved:

"Dear Site Owner or Webmaster of http://www.mydomain.com, We've detected that some of your site's pages may be using techniques that are outside Google's Webmaster Guidelines. "

It is true - there are dodgy in-bound links from work we did last year and the year before.

Google has also suggested - "submit your site for reconsideration in Google's search results".

However, nothing much has changed in terms of traffic. It has fallen very slightly (down about 2.5%). Keywords have fallen very slightly, some have actually risen for the same stem keyword e.g.

blue widgets fell
red widgets rose

Normal stuff.

I am not sure if this was a manual review or an automated review. I did something last week that may have sent G a signal: without thinking I added the RSS feeds from about 20 tumblr blogs to an RSS feed aggregator. Looking at the back links I now have:

tumblr.blog1
tumblr.blog1/rss
tumblr.blog2
tumblr.blog2/rss

for about 40 blogs. The content is quite samey and I am in the process of deleting the links out of the content and delete whole blogs. In any case I have already started work contacting sites to ask to delete links, deleting some stuff I have control over.

I don't want to submit a reconsideration request in case I cause trouble for myself. On the other hand there is no way I could afford for this site to fall out of the rankings so I would prefer to manage the situation.

I have done a ton of reading and video watching but I am unsure of what to do next. Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks!

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,983 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

Writing about this right now for tomorrow's High Rankings Advisor, so stay tuned...

#3 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,020 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:12 AM

My opinion on a similar topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the