• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

International Site Issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 matthewoe

matthewoe

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:41 AM

Hi Guys

Looking for some advice...

I think I know the answer but I am getting mixed feedback from various agencies that I work with.

The company that I work for has a .com which is mainly used as a landing page and links to our .co.uk site and international sites.

We have sites in the UK,France, Germany, Holland and Croatia on each of these sites we have flags with links in the footer which are sitewide

As all these sites are interlinking with each other etc we have been told that this could be an issue and could be causing us problems, and that we should add "nofollow" to these links as Google could see this as a link network. I have looked at other sites in the UK which have international properties and they dont do this...

Could this be hurting us ? My personal opinion is that Google is smart enough to realise that this is a site with international web properties and not a link network..

Feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks

Matthew

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,984 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

It absolutely would not be hurting you. Of course it would make sense from your visitor perspective to be linking to all your other sites.

Without knowing the entire story, it's hard to imagine that smart SEO agency would tell you it's a problem. But perhaps there's something more to it that your post doesn't indicate.

#3 matthewoe

matthewoe

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

Hi Jill

Thanks for coming back to me..

Yeah that's what I thought, if anything, it could be a good from a user experience perspective to have these sites linked.

We have been hit by penguin and the current agency we work with is under some pressure just now. So......

I just thought I would ask on here, thanks for the feedback I appreciate it.

Matthew

#4 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,145 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:33 PM

For what it's worth, I agree with Jill. The kind of interlinkage that gets sites in trouble is not what you do for users, it's what you do to fool search engines and it doesn't sound like your company is doing that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!