• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Questions About Blogs- This Section Hopefully.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SEOhebb

SEOhebb

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:03 AM

Hi I am new to these forums , new to blogs and new to websites for ecommerce. I am about to set up a business online and had been using ebay online to sell things. Please tell me if this is Spam as it is not intended in any way shape or form just to give you my back ground so you can help me. I was wondering about copyrights and blogs for commercial use. I was going to use wordpress.org for html alterations usage and there plug ins etc. I read a post from here which I now cannot find again. It seemed to say I could use wordpress.com on a paid for domain for commercial use. So if I buy a domain then I could perhaps take the HTML page source code and it would be then set up straight away without building a new blog ?

A) Can I do this ?
B) Will HTML then work okay in wordpress.org having come from there .com blog version
C) Is it all a bit risky and probably a bad idea anyway ?

Sorry if this is confusing post I am just trying to be legal. Clearly I am fairly clueless so constructive help would be something I'd be very grateful for. I have come here as I have looked at the merits of SEO and read other things on your site in general which have been fascinating.

Thanks everyone!

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,106 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:11 AM

Just download and install Wordpress on your own hosting. There nobody can stop you using it for commercial purposes.

#3 SEOhebb

SEOhebb

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:00 AM

Okay thanks for the advice.

#4 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,636 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:46 AM

And just to make it clear, you download the Wordpress software from Wordpress.org (not Wordpress.com -- that's where you go if you want to create a blog hosted by Wordpress itself, which you don't want to do for commercial purposes).

Or -- and this will be true in many cases -- your hosting company will have Wordpress available as a one-click install, which is the easiest way of all to get Wordpress software on your own domain.

--Torka :propeller:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!