• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Panda And Penquin Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 buffy-fan

buffy-fan

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

I am confused and lost.
My website use to be on page one of Google.com and Google.co.uk (I am from UK) for my main keyword ‘Mount Everest’.
Since the Panda and Penquin updates my website has disappeared off the first page.
I have read that it could be due to the keywords I use to link back to my website. Whenever I submit to a directory, ask for a link or do reciprocal linking I always use my websites title ‘Mount Everest The British Story’ as the linked text.
I take it this is wrong and why I have been penalised, if so, what do I need to do to get my first page place back?
Thank you.

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,106 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:08 AM

It probably just means that some of the links that were "helping" with that particular phrase no longer are. Or then again it might mean absolutely nothing at all.

what do I need to do to get my first page place back?

It is not your first place, it belongs to the URL that Google has determined is the one that deserves it.

As usual, stop checking rankings for your URIs you are simply creating a rod for your own back, because Google WILL show YOU different results from time to time simply because you search the same phrases over and over. and their personalisation system will try to show you new or different results.

What you seen in "ranking" is NOT what anybody else sees, check something useful instead like conversions. If you really MUST wonder about search results check your search referral traffic that is the better indicator of how you are doing with search marketing.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,009 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

Since the Panda and Penquin updates my website has disappeared off the first page.

Look to see if you've inadvertently done any keyword stuffing on your page as well. Seems to be a big reason for sites having been hit by Panda/Penguin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!