• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Does The Ratio Between Nofollow And "dofollow" Links Matter Fo

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tcolling

tcolling

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:23 AM

My site has a fair number of external links, both no_follow and what I suppose could be called "do follow" (in other words, ones that are not no_follow). The ratio of no_follow to do follow links for our site is of approximately 1:1

That is, there are about as many nofollow external links as "do follow" external links.

I have an impression that the ratio of no-follow to "do follow" links is a factor in the way that our website shows up in SERPs.

I have that impression from reading a variety of sources. I also have that impression from looking at sites like Seomoz, that calculate "trust" factors as if they mattered (in SERPs), that seem to value a relatively low nofollow:dofollow ratio.

I am quite aware that there can be external links that are valuable even if they are no_follow links because they might guide readers on those other sites to click through to our site. My question really just has to do with the question of SERPs placement.

So, what do you think? Is a relatively low "no follow to do follow ratio" important for SERPs placement?

By the way, I don't know whether or not this matters, but our website is healthcare-related.

Thanks!
- Tim

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,103 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:41 AM

Who knows? Who cares!!!

If you get links for the RIGHT reasons it doesn't even matter.
  • Jill likes this

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,004 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

So, what do you think? Is a relatively low "no follow to do follow ratio" important for SERPs placement?

All that matters is that the links are ones that were given or gotten for the right reasons. If you're link profile is genuine, that's what Google cares about. (Notice I didn't say that it "looks genuine" is actually needs to BE genuine.)

#4 tcolling

tcolling

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:06 PM

Thank you Jill and Chris for taking time to respond to my question. I appreciate your help!
- Tim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!