• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Sites Ranking Well But Unique Visitors More Than Halved! Please He

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 greens85

greens85

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:20 AM

Hi all,

We have owned and operated a number of niche websites in the education sector for a number of years now. They have always ranked well in the SERP however recently we have noticed that our unique visitors has halved in most (if not all) of our websites (period of Jan to May). I could understand this if our sites in the SERP ha dropped but they haven't as far as I can see. They may well have previously dropped without us realising but as far as I know there is no way to check if this has happened or not. That said, they are certainly high up the SERP now and traffic has not returned.

I have had discussions with the hosting company, and in mid January the server was subject to a malware attack not directly affecting our site but another site sharing the same IP. That said, apparently all sites on that IP have recovered and traffic has gone back to normal. Therefore although that may have had a slight impact on ranking for a short period of time, apparently it is very unlikely to still be affecting unique visitors now.

I'm just wondering what this might be or how to go about diagnosing the problem.

Can anyone advise here as I am struggling to come up with any explanation for this one.

Thanks

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,909 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:14 AM

Use your analytics to see specifically which sources your losing traffic from. That can give you an indication of a problem. Check specifically for which keywords have lost traffic as well. And/or have it professionally reviewed for problems.

Its likely you got hit by google panda or penguin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!