• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

New Site Launch Has Caused Blog Visits To Drop To 0.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Maracles

Maracles

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

Hi,

First time posting, please let me know if I have posted something correctly.

Attached you will see a graph of the total visits to our blog page between May 1st and June 24th. Immediately you will noticed that on the 29th May the number of visits suddenly drops to 0 from an average of 80-100. On the night of the 28th May we uploaded our new website, it is clear therefore that this is the reason for the drop, the reason why however is completely unclear to me and why I'm asking for help.

The blog page is only a small part of the site and is actually the only part of the site which did not get a revamp when we launched the site. Thus when you click the Blog link on the homepage you get taken to exactly the same page, with exactly the same content as prior to the site relaunch - even the URL is exactly the same. Why then have we had such a massive impact in visits?

From analysis it looks like the drop in traffic is from organic Google searches.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

James

Attached Thumbnails

• Blog Rankings.png

Edited by Jill, 26 June 2012 - 07:24 AM.
Removed website as per forum rules

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,966 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:37 PM

Classic case of likely not having the proper Google Analytics code on the site pages. Check that first. Make sure it's the proper analytics ID # and that it's on every page only once in the proper place.
  • Maracles likes this

#3 Maracles

Maracles

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

Thank you Jill, our developers have just looked at this and the site was using the new Google code for everything but the Blog page which was on the old code.

This has not been rectified - sorry for the amateur mistake!

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,966 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:26 PM

It's almost always a code problem if you see absolutely zero traffic. That never makes sense otherwise, imo. Glad to be able to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!