XXX YYY ZZZ (a 3 words keyword)
XXX YYY (a 2 words keyword)
YYY XXX (a 2 words keyword)
Since May to June 6 2012 the site was ranking #1 for all the 3 keywords!! It was receiving so much traffic!!
Starting from June 7 the site had a drop in rankings. Now it ranks #1 for only YYY XXX. The other two keywords show the site in #5 or #6 or #7
What did I do in this period?
Nothing. Well almost nothing.
- At the beginning of June I moved to another hosting provider in another country, but now the site runs even faster because they support cache plugins;
- Started using a cache plugin in the beginning of June;
- I continued to comment other blogs "manually" and completely naturally, not for SEO, but just because other posts deserved a comment.
- Added the site to some directories (few hundreds) since 2011... not altogether, with big pauses.
- Commented few (~20) blog posts that had high PR
- In May I added the following rich snipped to the footer of the blog, so that many pages could have the stars in google:
<div xmlns:v="http://rdf.data-vocabulary.org/#" typeof="v:Review-aggregate"> <span property="v:itemreviewed">name of the blog</span> <span rel="v:rating"> <span typeof="v:Rating"> <span property="v:average">8</span> out of <span property="v:best">10</span> </span> </span> based on <span property="v:votes">48</span> ratings. <span property="v:count">22</span> user reviews </div>
- Few days before the drop in SE position I linked the site to the google plus profile, so that the image could appear in the search results.
- I removed that rich snippet. Not sure if it was the problem.
- I submitted a reconsideration request to google yesterday explaining that I think it is due to that snipped and that a seo company sent the site to some directories in the past. I am waiting for reply or effect - if any.
Do you know what else can I do or where the problem can be?