• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Claiming My Content With Googleplus Button?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hegu

hegu

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

I post articles on my blog. Many people get the content , remove links and resourcebox and post them on their web sites.

My question is: If I set up a google plus button as author of the content on my web site, will google gives my pages more importance that other site's page with same content?

How will Google know it is my content?

I hate when people steal others content without proper credit given back.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,009 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

My question is: If I set up a google plus button as author of the content on my web site, will google gives my pages more importance that other site's page with same content?

No, but if you can do rel=author that will help.

#3 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:53 PM

You can post the article on your website and allow it to get indexed by Google before distributing it elsewhere. That way Google has you as the original publisher of the work.

#4 hegu

hegu

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

No, but if you can do rel=author that will help.

Jill, I received your newsletter few months back reg. this rel=author topic. I followed those instructions and did that. But for google to recognise that content is mine, I need to post link to that SEPECIFIC page in Google plus?

Right now there is a google+ button on all my content pages. But no back links in Google+ to these content pages. That is ok?

#5 haggisv

haggisv

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:11 PM

Here is how Google recommend you do it, it shows 2 methods:
http://support.googl...&answer=1408986

I can confirm that 'option 2' works... I have not tried 'option 1'.

Edited by haggisv, 18 June 2012 - 09:21 PM.

#6 Cwtguy87

Cwtguy87

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

I have used that tactic before. By sharing on Google+ you will get the articles and content indexed quicker than normally. You could also try using a pinging service (not overdo it) to just give Google another mention that you have new content that needs to be indexed. That is the key it seems, doesn't matter really who wrote it first sadly, it's who can get it indexed first gets the nod for creating the content.

Another interesting tool that I use is Tynt. You can get a plugin for it if you run a Wordpress site. What it does is leaves a link to your specific page whenever someone copies and pastes any of your content. It can be a sentence or a whole article. They will not see it on the page or when they copy it, only after they have pasted it.

They could just delete that link and continue publishing your content but they have a helpful dashboard to let you know how much success you have. Over 50% of my content that is copied is copied with a link back to that exact page. The same people that are too lazy to create their own are also too lazy to delete the linkback. Of course, all of my content is indexed almost immediately do to regular publishing and heavy social sharing by my contacts on Google+.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!