• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Dynamic -Vs.- Static Content

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,708 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:19 AM

One thing you do need to clear your head of is that search engines index and rank "pages", because they don't.

They index unique URLs and they rank URLs based upon the content of the document that was found at that URL on the last occasion that it was indexed.

One of the reasons why "blogs" have incorrectly gained the "reputation" of being "good for search engines" is that generally, when new posts are published they appear on the root URL (aka the "home" page) thus changing the content found there, which then becomes "newly discovered content" when crawled and indexed, and as such gets a temporary promotion in the ranking results.
So because with each new post this cycle repeats, the people who like to make up these "facts", deduced that "blogs" always "rank highly" because they are "blogs", NOT because of the way that search engines have treated new content and URLs since they first crawled out of the primordial chaos that is now known as "The Internet".

No magic. No "special" value. No "secret sauce". Just business as usual in the world of Search.

#17 gregorysmith

gregorysmith

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:47 AM

@chrishirst

Thank you for breaking things down the way you have. I now have a more clear image of the answer to my question. As a search professional, it's obvious to me that the majority of the small businesses, as well as SEO's online, don't understand this.
It really drew me to posting the question here, the more and more I looked at things. As you stated, the blog is of the same URL of the page, where the blog is located. I didn't think of this, when accessing the question, initially.
I respect your patience in looking over this question and understanding it's importance. Other than your reputation on this forum, I'm not sure I know you. I seem to have a bug within my forum account here, it won't allow me to view user profiles. Could you try and message me with your URL?

Thank you,
Gregory Smith

#18 charto03

charto03

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:55 PM

While you didnt explain this question well I feel like you wanted to ask this: If you have a page with static content how will it rank vs. dynamic?

Since the caffeine update it is to my belief that google prefers pages that refresh and add new or updated content. prior to that I disagreed as how often can a page about the war of 1892 be changed from 2002 on?? Other factors will play such as comments, domain authority and how the page is linked of course. \

Hope that helps if not than....

#19 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,877 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:36 AM

Since the caffeine update it is to my belief that google prefers pages that refresh and add new or updated content.

Untrue.

#20 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,708 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:09 PM

While you didnt explain this question well I feel like you wanted to ask this: If you have a page with static content how will it rank vs. dynamic?

EXACTLY the same as ALL content is "static" when it is served to user agents.

Since the caffeine update it is to my belief that google prefers pages that refresh and add new or updated content

Nope. Newly discovered and updated URLs will often get a temporary glimpse of "first page fame" but it only lasts a week at tops.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!