• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Duplicate Content Question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nab82ba

nab82ba

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:59 AM

Hi,

I have been doing a lot of SEO on my websites since i got hit by the Penguin update. One of the areas i have been looking at is on page optimisation and in that regards i have a question about duplicate content.

I have a travel website and as such i have pages with property's from a certain area and then a "more details" page for each property. I have been including a short description of the property on the hotels page and then a long description on the "more details" page. I was just wondering do i get penalised for duplicate content for having some of the same text on both pages? Is it better to only include the text on one page?

Thanks

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,967 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:03 AM

There's no duplicate content penalty, but Google may choose to show just one or the other of those pages in the search results.

Is it better to only include the text on one page?

Whatever is best for your users is fine with Google.
  • nab82ba likes this

#3 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,625 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:25 PM

Sounds like your short description is just an excerpt from the long description? Otherwise, there's no duplicate content issue to begin with. So, assuming that's true, how about writing something unique for the short description? (It can have some of the same information as the longer description, just written in its own uniqe wording.)

That way, there's no duplicate content at all, your visitors get interesting, informative short descriptions that are specifically written to entice them to click through to the detail page, and when they read the long description it doesn't just start off with a rehash of what they've already read.

My :02:

--Torka :propeller:
  • Tiggerito likes this

#4 Guest_techstalks_*

Guest_techstalks_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

which one is the best plagiarism-checker for link search and word search?

#5 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,967 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:32 PM

Just put some text into quotes and search for it on google.

#6 Guest_techstalks_*

Guest_techstalks_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:29 AM

@Jill= i used your method. its simply awesome. but i am facing problem on that. when i search some text using quotes, google shows me no result. but when i search without quotes, google show some result like the picture i have uploaded.

#7 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,967 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:24 AM

Without quotes it's not duplicate it is just similar. Also dont check quite that much txt at once. Just take part of a sentence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!