• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Local Rankings And Address

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Akuta

Akuta

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

My business offers services in a few areas but we don't have a physical presence in any of them. This seems to be a huge disadvantage when it comes to being ranked for local searches. What's the best way to overcome this? I've considered renting desk space in each location, paying random people, friends, etc., but all of this seems really unecessary. I imagine Google uses this as an easy way to "take out the trash", but it's quite annoying for my business specifically (we hire people to do work once orders are placed, we don't need a store).

Any easy way to deal with this?

Thanks guys :)

#2 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,597 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:16 AM

For businesses that provide services at the customer's location (thus don't have/need a central office that customers would visit), I believe the Google Local Business Center offers the option of specifying a "service area." Here's an article that describes the feature. Perhaps that would work for you?

--Torka :propeller:

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,929 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:30 AM

Google local has completely changed this week. There will no longer be Places Pages. Instead it's all integrated into Google+.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!