• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Using Two Different Soccer-Related Domain Names For Essentially The Sa

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 justmark

justmark

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

Hi, I am new to the forum but have maintained various sites on various topics in the past but am looking to launch a new affiliate site related to soccer (football). And that is my issue. Since the sport is referred to as "soccer" in North America and "football" everywhere else, I essentially want to create two sites that are essentially the same but serve the regions associated with the name they use. So for example I would use coolsoccersweaters.com for North American users and coolfootballsweaters.com for the rest of the world. (this is not the actual domain name I would be using)

How would this impact the duplicate content issue? The sites will be similar but they would emphasize different products based on the users location.

The other option is to use the "football" domain name as the main one and have the "soccer" domain name redirect to the "football" domain name. Would that be a better option?

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance!

Mark

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,946 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

Use a domain name that is your BUSINESS NAME not some dumb looking attempt at having "keyword domains", which are NOWHERE near as "useful" as you think!!

Then hire a decent copywriter!

Edited by chrishirst, 26 May 2012 - 12:01 PM.

#3 Mikl

Mikl

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:56 AM

Since the sport is referred to as "soccer" in North America and "football" everywhere else ....

I think you'll find that "soccer" is universally used and understood throughout the English-speaking world.

Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!