• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Strange For Even Spam

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ScottSalwolke

ScottSalwolke

Scott Salwolke

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:36 PM

I've noticed something in some of the spam I've been receiving that at the bottom of the email they have a ton of text related not to what the subject is, but a recap of a baseball game. I opened a few others and found the same thing, only that they were all about different games. The one had 666 words about the Colorado Rockies most recent game. I just wondered what if anything this is for. It's one of those WTF moments that just had me perplexed. Why would they even go to the trouble of doing this? Here is a sampling.

The Colorado Rockies began the night 14½ games out of first place in the NL West, the biggest deficit in the majors. Even so, Troy Tulowitzki rated their 8-4 victory Wednesday over the Miami Marlins as significant. "It's just a big win for us," he said. "It might sound stupid, but it was real big." Tulowitzki homered and drove in four runs to help Alex White earn his first victory this year, and the Rockies snapped a six-game losing streak. White (1-3) had lost six consecutive starts since September. He gave up four runs in six innings.

#2 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,579 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

I'm guessing here, but maybe they're under the impression that having a bunch of what appears to be "legitimate" text, their email is less likely to be flagged as spam?

--Torka :propeller:

#3 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,675 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

Yep, that is their intention. It is supposed to confuse bayesian filter scoring, but fortunately bayesian filters are nowhere near stupid as the spammers are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!