• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

My Seo Company: Are They Using Black Hat Techniques?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 weismannweb

weismannweb

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:52 PM

Hi,

I have an seo company working for me that are putting a link to my website in a ton of directories that they own. Is this a black hat technique? They said they don't own all of them but in any case all of them look like cheap ghost town directories.

Is this black hat and will this hurt my site in any way?

These are the sites they have placed me in so far:

[removed]

I put them in code tags so I don't spam the forum. Are these going to hurt my site? Any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by Jill, 21 May 2012 - 08:06 AM.
Removed names of sites as per forum rules

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,788 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:05 AM

Well they certainly are NOT going to help in any way shape or form, and given the fallout from the latest Google changes may very well be causing "harm".

Seems to be yet another case of "clueless SEO", which is actually worse than none at all!!
  • weismannweb likes this

#3 weismannweb

weismannweb

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:11 AM

Well they certainly are NOT going to help in any way shape or form, and given the fallout from the latest Google changes may very well be causing "harm".

Seems to be yet another case of "clueless SEO", which is actually worse than none at all!!

Yes I think those directories are a bad community and the Penguin update will surely figure that out once they start finding those links. I think the SEO is taking a shortcut to real link building. I am already looking into new SEO's so I can ditch these guys.

#4 ScottSalwolke

ScottSalwolke

Scott Salwolke

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:10 PM

I'd be getting away from these guys pretty quick. If this is their idea of SEO, you have to wonder what else they're doing. At the very least it won't benefit you in any way and they should know that. And at the very worst it could negatively impact you.

#5 Vultren

Vultren

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:02 AM

Yes I think those directories are a bad community and the Penguin update will surely figure that out once they start finding those links. I think the SEO is taking a shortcut to real link building. I am already looking into new SEO's so I can ditch these guys.

If I were you, I would look into a new MARKETER, not optimizer ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!