• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Aaron Walls Seo Toolbar - Majestic Seo Pages Linking To Root Domain

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 weismannweb

weismannweb

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:47 PM

I hope this is the right topic...

Im working with Aaron Wall's toolbar and I am wondering what one of the data points means:

Majestic SEO Pages Linking To Root Domain (See Attachment)

This data point is much higher on my competitors sites and I would like to know if anyone can explain it to me? Does this include internal pages linking to the domain from the actual site it is examining. Some of the sites coming up for high numbers for the data point are small sites and I find it hard to belive they have even that many internal links linking to the main domain. Is this an important data point? Should I try to increase mine?

Attached Thumbnails

• pages linking to root domain.png

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,840 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:01 AM

]
The question is why do you even care???

It's all pretty much meaningless in any case. Counting links tells you absolutely NOTHING of any use at all. Look at your site logs for the links that send traffic and conversions THEY are the "important ones!

#3 weismannweb

weismannweb

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:07 AM

Because I am learning the toolbar and what each datapoint means and how it effects SEO. I am analyzing my competitors and others with good rankings. To be honest I am just curious what the data point is because its showing a huge number but when I click on it majestic does not show that number and shows much fewer back links.

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,928 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:02 AM

Link building tools have limited databases and don't know of every page on the web. Plus they all have different databases. So it makes sense you'd get different information when comparing them.

#5 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 6,840 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

Because I am learning the toolbar

To what end??

"toolbars" only tell you what the programmer/developer thought you should "know" or what they thought or rather assumed is "important", and has has been proven in the past three weeks, much of the prevailing "wisdom" from "experts" is pure bull Posted Image

#6 weismannweb

weismannweb

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

Well that data point may not mean anything but you cant deny that part of SEO is analyzing the competition and you cant do that without some kind of data on their backlinks. The SEO toolbar and site explorers and such give you that data. Atleast as much as it can find.

#7 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 6,840 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

that part of SEO is analyzing the competition and you cant do that without some kind of data on their backlinks

Actually I can and DO most emphatically.

Who said the "competition" know more than you do??

And if all you do is the same as what you THINK the "competition" have done or are doing, you are ALWAYS, ALWAYS going to be behind them!!

#8 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 6,840 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

Just to add.

Optimisation is about YOUR content and what YOU are going to do to ensure that YOUR URLs and the documents located there are a better fit for search engine customers queries that anybody else's. .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!