• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

.co.uk Domain Targeting Different Countries

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kris

Kris

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:59 AM

Hi all

Quick question. A client of mine has a .co.uk domain which has been registered for a few years now and they are looking to redesign the site hosted on it but they want to target Ireland and the United States without losing their current SERP on Google.co.uk.

I am aware we can target specific territories via GWT but I don't think this is the right thing to do on this occasion. Correct me if I am wrong?

So I was wondering, does Google.ie and Google.com give SERP weighting to .co.uk domains the same way as Google.co.uk does? I.e. I assume (for example) presidence is given to .ie domains when searching on Google.ie does it?

Unfortunately the .com domain name is owned by someone else but we do have the .ie and .co.uk domains so we could host the site in Ireland as well as hosting in the UK but this just duplicates the amount of work involved and ultimately costs for the client.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Apologies if this topic has been covered in other threads, if it has, please feel free to direct me to them and I will read up.

Regards
Kris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!