• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

What More Should I Be Doing?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 MarcP

MarcP

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:08 AM

Yep, that's absolutely right.

Around these parts we call it Optimising!!!

Yes I understand

Wrong shoes! You need to be in the shoes of the people LOOKING FOR or ALREADY USING the product or service

Ok. But let's say there's info out there on 'how to change XYZ on your widget when it wears out'? And videos?

#17 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,039 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

Make your information "better" in some way, and if you can't improve on it. ... ..Link to it. Become the place where people can find information OR where to go to get to where the information IS.

#18 deanaov

deanaov

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:05 AM

For content creation: Contents come in various types. It can be articles, videos, podcasts or photos. Never settle on writing articles with emphasis on keywords because this strategy may not be sufficient. To make sure your content are all high-quality, study who your audience are. Are they visual learners? Are they audio learners? Do they want to read? What are they expecting from you?

Once you have provided clear answers to these questions, it's about time to focus where you're going to post your contents. For example, if majority of your audience want videos, you need to drive them to your video streaming sites. If they want to read, drive them to your blog. If they are good listeners, podcasts are the ideal learning tool.

For link creation: There are hundreds of link building techniques but not all of them are needed in your campaign. These practices in link building can be free or paid. It can also be legal and illegal. That's why before performing a technique, be certain that it's legal (white hat seo). Study about it, download free e-books and understand how it can really benefit you. Does it bring a long term exposure to your niche? Is it recommended by SEO experts? If you answer yes to both questions then you're good. Start performing the technique regularly.

#19 MarcP

MarcP

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:31 AM

For link creation: There are hundreds of link building techniques but not all of them are needed in your campaign. These practices in link building can be free or paid. It can also be legal and illegal. That's why before performing a technique, be certain that it's legal (white hat seo). Study about it, download free e-books and understand how it can really benefit you. Does it bring a long term exposure to your niche? Is it recommended by SEO experts? If you answer yes to both questions then you're good. Start performing the technique regularly.

Ok was looking into link creation. Not sure if it's white hat or not. I know white is hat is good and black hat is bad.

What I found out is to write for the audience not for the search engines. As suggested I'm finding out what my audience is looking for in regards to what to write about in terms of content.

I can write an original post. I'm no expert in the niche but there seems to be tons of info on the internet. I don't want to steal anyone's content of course. What I've been doing is studying the niche and writing down tidbits.

Going back to link creation. From what I've read I can submit my article to the likes of Ezine Articles, ArticlesBase etc. Post the article on my blog/site then submit the article to the likes linking back to my blog/site.

Question/s; How often should one add content/article to their site>submit the article Ezine? Everyday, once a week?

I was also looking into manual submission to directories but that seems like a waste of time. I've read when you're site is new manually submit to 10 directories a day for 2-3 weeks. Start with high PR then work your way down.

So I think submitting to the likes of EzineArticles looks good but that's not the 'end all'.

I found something else in addition to submitting to the likes of EzineArticles and want to get your opinion.

Create web 2.0's like squidoo etc, word press blog etc. Say my category keyword is widgets, create web 2.0 based on category keyword and post the original article that I submitted to EzineArticles to the web 2.0's. When I submit an article to EzineArticles post the article to all my web 2.0's.

Your opinion?

Marc
  • deanaov likes this

#20 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 7,039 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:08 AM

I know white is hat is good and black hat is bad.

Not necessarily, it really depends on what and how "aggressive" the "black hat" practice is.

Some declare "reciprocal linking" or buying links as "black hat", neither one is. The former is great for traffic when done properly and the latter is the equivalent as buying newspaper, radio or TV advertising.

Create web 2.0's like squidoo etc, word press blog etc. Say my category keyword is widgets, create web 2.0 based on category keyword and post the original article that I submitted to EzineArticles to the web 2.0's. When I submit an article to EzineArticles post the article to all my web 2.0's.

Probably a total waste of time!

If you want people to read your articles put them on YOUR website that way readers have to come to your site.

I was also looking into manual submission to directories but that seems like a waste of time. I've read when you're site is new manually submit to 10 directories a day for 2-3 weeks. Start with high PR then work your way down.

Forget about SGB PR.

Edited by chrishirst, 17 May 2012 - 05:09 AM.

#21 MarcP

MarcP

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:31 AM

If you want people to read your articles put them on YOUR website that way readers have to come to your site.

Wouldn't submitting posted article create a back link?

1- post article to website
2- submit article that's posted to website to EzineArticles etc
3- post article that was posted on website/submitted to EzineArticles's etc to web 2.0's

Wouldn't people be able to read article on my site as well?

Edited by MarcP, 17 May 2012 - 05:38 AM.

#22 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 7,039 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:02 AM

Wouldn't people be able to read article on my site as well?

Why would they after want to they have read it on somebody else's site??

Wouldn't submitting posted article create a back link?

So you don't think that having links from such places as article dumping sites etc, may just happen to be one of the factors/signals that is being used for the "negative ranking" value.
If that is your opinion then go ahead, knock yourself out as the saying goes.

Only now, that phrase may be both figuratively AND literally.

#23 MarcP

MarcP

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:18 AM

Why would they after want to they have read it on somebody else's site??

So you don't think that having links from such places as article dumping sites etc, may just happen to be one of the factors/signals that is being used for the "negative ranking" value.
If that is your opinion then go ahead, knock yourself out as the saying goes.

Only now, that phrase may be both figuratively AND literally.

Hi it's not my opinion that's why I asked. I'm wanting to learn, I'm not here to give my opinion on something I know nothing about except from doing some research in which was suggested. There's a lot of stuff out there and want to get the most effective and ethical way to back link.

I get that I should post the article to my site/ blog.

How do the likes of EzineArticles.com come into play or shouldn't be considered?

Let's say my widget site has good content and offers value to the reader. What do I do to build back links? Do I connect with other blogs that would be in same category of my widget site?

Marc

Edited by MarcP, 17 May 2012 - 06:54 AM.

#24 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,989 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:20 AM

How do the likes of EzineArticles.com come into play or shouldn't be considered?

Since Panda, shouldn't be considered.

All the techniques you're talking about are old and mostly useless in 2012.

Let's say my widget site has good content and offers value to the reader. What do I do to build back links? Do I connect with other blogs that would be in same category of my widget site?

You get on social media and start promoting it to your target audience.

#25 MarcP

MarcP

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:50 AM

Since Panda, shouldn't be considered.

All the techniques you're talking about are old and mostly useless in 2012.

You get on social media and start promoting it to your target audience.

When I found this niche I also checked the competition. First the competitors don't have many back links to me.

#1 site which is an affil site; 22 back links
#2 site; authority site
#3 site, affil site; 16 back links

The #1 and #3 sites are competing affil sites. I like the #1 site because it resembles my model which I didn't come up on my own. It's not a run of mill amazon affiliate site. I would say my site offers good content to the reader.

The back links from the #1 and #3 are not high PR. It's a 3600/month exact match search keyword.

So far I'm pretty confident I picked the right niche and competition looks good. It also helps it's a niche I'm very interested in.

After 2 years of being around here sometimes posting, mostly reading, I finally feel 100% confident about on page SEO. I failed in the past. With Wordpress it makes building a site easy. I still have lots to learn. I finally feel confident about the this piece of the puzzle.

So to reiterate you suggest social media?

Marc

Edited by MarcP, 17 May 2012 - 11:56 AM.

#26 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,989 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

So to reiterate you suggest social media?

Yes. But only if you have something worth promoting on your site and a target market who would be interested.

#27 MarcP

MarcP

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:08 PM

Yes. But only if you have something worth promoting on your site and a target market who would be interested.

Hi Jill I noticed on one of your Lynda videos that you had a Kindle Review site. How's that going?

#28 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,989 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:42 PM

Hi Jill I noticed on one of your Lynda videos that you had a Kindle Review site. How's that going?

Beats me, as I haven't posted to it in years. It was really just made as a demo site for the Lynda videos.

Added: You made me curious, so I just looked. It's actually getting a good amount of traffic, mostly from search engines.

AND...I made 18 cents on Adsense this month ;)

#29 MarcP

MarcP

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:11 PM

Beats me, as I haven't posted to it in years. It was really just made as a demo site for the Lynda videos.

Added: You made me curious, so I just looked. It's actually getting a good amount of traffic, mostly from search engines.

Any sales?

#30 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 7,039 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:33 AM

So no beach house in the Bahamas this month then. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!