• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

What More Should I Be Doing?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 MarcP

MarcP

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

Hi I've finally got 2 Word Press sites that I think are optimized. Got all the plug ins that I think I need. Did keyword research and found what I think is a good niche. Purchased the keyword rich domain. It's an amazon review type site. I investigated the competition using Market Samurai and it looks like I can compete.

Been at this for a while. Initially I started submitting back links to directories manually, 10 a day. Also I've been adding content every day. With the content I've been searching in you tube to find a video related to my niche and write a 200 word info content type post with my keyword in the beginning and near the end.

I just recently hired a service for back links. Since I was getting frustrated submitting back links because of some issues I stopped and hopefully the back link service will help in that regard.

For the first time in my life I'm pretty confident in this 'game'.

I know some of you might not be big fans of amazon review type sites so please give a break. I've been working hard to study SEO.

So I'm confident my on page SEO is good. Hopefully off page this back linking service will work out but I know I should be doing more but don't know what. I'm the type of person that likes a set plan like do X certain times a week/month and do Y.

I also have a couple more amazon affil sites in the works.

As some of you know with amazon affiliate the commissions might not be high per site. I'm ok with that for now.

My question/s are what else should I be doing besides adding content and back linking?

I was looking into you tube videos.

Marc

#2 OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy

Work is Fun

• 4,713 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:49 PM

What sort of backlinking service? Google is seriously smacking down run of the mill link building, moreso for affiliate sites. Tread very carefully is my advice.

#3 bloghands

bloghands

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:56 PM

Whatever you do make sure you're providing something unique and has value. I got out of the affiliate game a long time ago... Typically the rewards don't match the effort that goes into it. Typically you're dealing with a lot of duplicate and low quality content and it's now harder than ever to do well with a site like that.

Just make sure you're doing something unique.

#4 MarcP

MarcP

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

What sort of backlinking service? Google is seriously smacking down run of the mill link building, moreso for affiliate sites. Tread very carefully is my advice.

Ok whar do you recommend as far as back linking. Company was recommended by a couple of people who have been using them.

#5 OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy

Work is Fun

• 4,713 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:36 AM

Check out their backlinks, make sure they are not spamming slogs etc, as that is the sort of thing that gets you a webmaster tools warning.
  • MarcP likes this

#6 MarcP

MarcP

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:16 AM

Check out their backlinks, make sure they are not spamming slogs etc, as that is the sort of thing that gets you a webmaster tools warning.

Ok I purchased;

20 Powerful EDU & GOV Backlinks
Submit your website to over 100 Social Bookmarking sites
Build an Eminent Backlink Pyramid with 4,000 high PR Profiles

Would it help if I manually submit to directories?

Edited by MarcP, 09 May 2012 - 05:18 AM.

#7 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,007 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:05 AM

Those don't sound like a good idea at all (the back links).

#8 MarcP

MarcP

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:46 AM

Those don't sound like a good idea at all (the back links).

Ok can you offer some suggestions.

#9 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,007 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:50 AM

Presumably you have content worth linking to? If so, then start using social media marketing as a way to let interested people know about it.

#10 MarcP

MarcP

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:03 AM

Presumably you have content worth linking to? If so, then start using social media marketing as a way to let interested people know about it.

In regards tI content let's say my product is widgets. What I've been doing is adding content to my site related to widgets with a video on you tube that shows video on the specific info post.

What I've been doing putting myself in the shoes of the product/ service. As an example; how to choose the right XYZ for your widget. I'll find content and write a 200 word post mentioning my keyword 2X naturally in the post about 'how to choose the right XYZ for your widget' then I'll find a you tube video about 'how to choose the right XYZ for your widget' and embed the you tube after the 200 word info post.

Is that what you're referring to about content?

My site is a review type site.

Edited by MarcP, 09 May 2012 - 09:12 AM.

#11 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,007 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:12 PM

200 hundred words? Seriously? How could that be link worthy content?

#12 MarcP

MarcP

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:03 AM

200 hundred words? Seriously? How could that be link worthy content?

Or I could continue to add specific products to what I have. The specific products within the niche I've written about are at least 1000 words. I have 5 products that I've written about. The 200 word posts are related to the 5 products but aren't about the products more like aspects like how to maintain your widget with a you tube video. In other words give the reader a brief jist on how to maintain your widget and say 'this video I found shows the specifics and has helped me a greatly'.

Not the right road?

#13 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,007 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:39 AM

Products and product content isn't what people will link to. Do you have a blog to write about what's happening in your industry?

#14 MarcP

MarcP

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:08 AM

Products and product content isn't what people will link to. Do you have a blog to write about what's happening in your industry?

My blog is an amazon review type site. But it doesn't look hard to write about what's happening in the widget industry such as new technology, new widget launches if that's what you are referring too.

I'm also have been writing like I said, 200 words of things as me as a user of widgets find interesting or useful. Like how to change XYZ on your widget after it wears as an example. I've run into this problem myself. And me I often search you tube videos to find out how to change XYZ on a widget after it wears. This is what I'm righting about with a you tube video on how to change XYZ on a widget.

But I think you're suggesting a different direction?

Marc

#15 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,103 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:31 AM

But I think you're suggesting a different direction?

Yep, that's absolutely right.

Around these parts we call it Optimising!!!

It doesn't involve writing words whilst using a calculator to measure how "interesting" the content is.

It doesn't involve writing "articles" then giving them away for dozens of clueless idiots to steal and pass off as their own.

AND it doesn't involve annoying other website owners by making "useful" comments on their pages.

You write for the potential reader of your documents, then you tell other INTERESTED people about those documents. That latter bit is called promotion.

What I've been doing putting myself in the shoes of the product/ service

Wrong shoes! You need to be in the shoes of the people LOOKING FOR or ALREADY USING the product or service

Edited by chrishirst, 10 May 2012 - 10:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!