• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Is Anyone Watching The Pitch On Amc

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ScottSalwolke

ScottSalwolke

Scott Salwolke

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:23 AM

I'm curious if anyone has been watching the new series the Pitch.It premiered last week and each week features two advertising agencies competing for a client's contract. Last week one involved two agencies trying to get a contract to do the promotion for Subway's breakfast sandwiches. The shows are mildly addictive and tell a lot about the state of traditional advertising today, both good and bad. It's worth checking out tonight.

#2 zephyr

zephyr

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:19 AM

The shows are mildly addictive and tell a lot about the state of traditional advertising today, both good and bad.

Definitely and Yes.
Cool to see that the process in larger successful firms is as messy and chaotic as it is. Thought it was just me. I find myself rooting for the little® guys. Tonight it was great to see an arrogant large firm come up with bad stuff, and the smaller firm really nail it.

#3 ScottSalwolke

ScottSalwolke

Scott Salwolke

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:13 AM

Tonight it was great to see an arrogant large firm come up with bad stuff, and the smaller firm really nail it.

It wasn't just they were arrogant, they were out of touch. They first ignored the clients instructions and then later came up with a campaign in which a woman purposely destroyed a toilet with a bowling ball. That really made sense.

#4 zephyr

zephyr

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:04 AM

I think there's a lot to learn from this show. Yes, we see only a little edited slip of the whole picture, but some of the remarks by long time ad guys are priceless. And proves again that the client's perception must be catered to as much as the work itself, at least if you want to get/keep the client.

#5 Sarah

Sarah

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:28 AM

I can't wait for it to debut in the UK - sounds like a LOT of fun to watch!

#6 ChadTKimball

ChadTKimball

Not Ranked

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

I've watched a few episodes and its not a bad show. I love "turning waste into wow." Classic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!