• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Random Positions And Losing Money!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hillfields

Hillfields

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:28 AM

Hello All

Thank You in advance for any help!

[Site Removed As Per [url=http://www.highrankings.com/forum/index.php?act=boardrules]Forum Rules[/url]]

I have posted this Question before on Google Webmaster but the answers are beyond stupid.

I have a problem with my site and its position.

My website was on the middle of page 2 for the term 'Camping Gear' in Google and i was earning a steady flow of money from that term are you have to fill in a question when you buy from us to say where you found us. Anyway, over the past few weeks my homepage has been going from page 2 to page 17 for a few days and then another random page from my site appears on page 4. Its stays like this for a couple of days then goes back to normal again and returns to page 2 but obviously when its on page 17 i earn zero money which is really making me struggle. I am a new small business and have recently been ripped off in a bad way by an seo company so i am now doing it myself, i currently only link to relavent websites in the outdoor industry and place my anchor text when ever able to and post blogs, articles and press releases for my chosen keyword.

Does anyone have any clues to why i am jumping so bad....from page 2 to page 17 and then random pages popping up on page 4. My most optimized and linked to page is my homepage, is there something wrong with the site??? I know it could be on a better platform than ekm but until i start earning money this is my only option. I need help on how to fix this.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, please!

Thank You

Edited by Jill, 01 May 2012 - 11:51 AM.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,862 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:53 AM

This isn't the place for a full review of your site (see forum rules), but suffice it to say that Google is in the middle of many algorithm changes right now, including the latest "Penguin Update." We have other threads about that as well as Panda.

You may also want to take a look at "Why SEO in All the Right Places Doesn't Cut it Anymore" and see if that gives you some ideas on what may have happened to your site.

#3 BusinessWebDesigns

BusinessWebDesigns

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:20 PM

Okay, this could be caused by almost anything.

How old is your site? if it's new you might of been under the affect of the hooneymoon? this would make you rank well then drop.

If you're just jumping this is because you and you're competitors have the same or similar amount of links and you just keep beating and getten beaten. (not really likely but can happen)

Google is finding more and more of your backlinks and removes you from the front page for a while to see where they will best place you. Google dancing is what this is called.

Also you might have been hit by the last two updated and this is why you have dropped. The 2nd last was the panda update and the penguin update. which to put them in a nut shell, targeted over optimised content and low quality content.

Hope this helps.

If you want I could have a look at your website just message me or something if your interested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!