• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

The “Penguin Update” - How Can I Recover?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,963 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:29 AM

Sorry, the Standard Site Audit is the one for lost traffic.

#17 deanaov

deanaov

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:42 AM

With the inception of Google Penguin, the best way to recover is to forget its existence. Create contents like a human and most importantly, circulate links like human. You need to make sure your contents, whether it's an article, video, newsletter, press release, podcast or photo, are not made for search engines for the different online users. The online users are your readers. If you want to be popular online, you need to give them what they want. As for these search engines, they will naturally crawl on your content if it's relevant, high-quality and worth reading to.

Google Penguin is not hard to understand. It's not a rocket science even. Never be afraid with it especially you're well-aware that you'e not a spammer.

#18 Sarah

Sarah

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:24 AM

I'm using a combination of Google Analytics, Webmaster tools and a link checking tool to understand what sites are linking to me, which send traffic, which are valuable and how much of a positive or negative impact sites have by linking.

I think we've been affected quite badly but we're ready to fight our way back to position for our key search terms.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!