I trust that you all are fine and feeling more than just well! :-)
I am a complete newbie in terms of SEO. I read a lot about it the last 2 weeks but there are some unanswered questions. Especially how strongly will my site be punished by Google when I deploy exact English copies (of the site) for different English countries.
I do not expect that someone is going to write a 5 pages recommendations but it would be nice if some of my essential questions could be clarified.
So I am just writing down some stuff over here.
What would you recommend in the sense of Geo IP routing, parental site, etc. to get the best possible SEO ranking of the following website project?
- It is supposed that there is a multi national website
- The parent website would be NAME.com
- Native English countries are represented by an English website, e.g. US, UK, Australia
- Other countries are represented by an English website and a website in the countries own language, e.g. DE, CN, BR, RUS
- All English websites do have exactly the same content, this applies also to the English websites of DE, CN, BR, RUS.
- All non English websites are in the language of the pertaining country, e.g. DE in German, CN in Mandarin, BR in Portuguese, RUS in Russian
- Website would be built using Sitecore, most likely
- Best possible SEO ranking
- Real visit numbers for every country website. Not biased by the parental one. So that one can see how often a site was visited from a pertaining country.
- Users should be automatically redirected to their native language site. E.g. Germans to the German version, Chinese to the Mandarin version, etc. – Geo IP routing
Thanks and all the very best!