• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Will Stopping "paid Traffic" Hurt Pr?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 doug941

doug941

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

Hello,
I have a new account that is a PR4. I see there has been a pattern of "paid traffic" to this account...primarily from outside of the US and some from places like "Traffic Swarm". I'm not sure about the whole "Paid Traffic" thing, I have no experience with it. I feel like it makes it very difficult to accurately evaluate progress. But maybe I am too naive. I don't want to hurt this clients business. My question is this...Would we loose our PR4 if we don't continue to purchase traffic?

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,980 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

Hi Doug,

I'm not sure what you mean by a "new account." An account with whom?

With regards to paying for traffic, it's fine if it's actually bringing you traffic, conversions and sales. But it's not something that will help you or your rankings/traffic from Google. At least not in the long run.

Buying traffic doesn't have anything to do with Google so not buying it anymore shouldn't effect your Google toolbar PageRank. (Which incidentally is something else you don't need to worry about as it has no particular meaning.)

#3 doug941

doug941

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

I'm sorry Jill, by "new account" I meant a new web client who owns existing sites. I apologize, I'm more of a post reader than a poster! I guess what I was trying to ask was: Right now the site is on Page 3 search results of google for our chosen keywords. If I don't continue to buy this traffic (which btw isn't bringing sales) could I suddenly end up on page 7?

And thank you for taking the time to anwer my question!

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,980 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

Is the traffic coming from links? If so, removing links can sometimes change your position in the search results. However, it sounds like it's not so much a link thing, in which case, it shouldn't effect where the site shows up in Google's search results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!