• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Landing Page For Sem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 spravin

spravin

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:32 AM

Hello,

I would like to know from the experts, how a Paid search destination URL should be designed.
Concern is - should it be as equivalent as a static page with keyword density and all best SEO practices?

Thanks,
Pravin

#2 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,618 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

Typically, I exclude my PPC landing pages from organic search (i.e. via robots.txt). First, in order to accurately track traffic to and conversions from the landing page, I don't want to risk cluttering up the results with people who arrived from organic search. Second, in order to be most effective, I try to create a landing page that is in sync with the ad headline and content... which wouldn't necessarily be ideal for an organic search visitor arriving without having seen the ad to start with.

Clearly, if you're excluding the landing page from search, you don't need to do all the usual stuff you'd do to optimize a page for search.

That said, you DO want to be sure to use the same phraseology and language that you used in the ad that attracted the click in the first place. You want the PPC visitor to immediately think to themselves that they've found the right place, and the best way to do that is to mirror the language that brought them there to start with.

(By the way, generally speaking around here "keyword density" isn't included as an "SEO best practice" in the first place. :))

--Torka :propeller:

#3 BusinessWebDesigns

BusinessWebDesigns

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

Also make sure that you follow the guidelines by google. Getting a good quaility score is extremely important, it will lower your cost per click and of course give you a better ROI. Also make sure that your landing page is receiveing a high score but remember that your end goal is the user. Make sure that what you have in your ad it 100% truthful and doesn't mislead them, also answer there question as soon as the page loads make sure they know they have arrived at the right place and you have the soluation to thier problem.

Hope this helps a little.

#4 spravin

spravin

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:27 AM

Thanks Torka!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!