• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

My Site Isn't Coming Up In Search Results @ Local Level!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Webseeker

Webseeker

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

About 2-3 weeks ago I had several of my sites go back online again. They were offline because I wasn't monitoring the hosting package as my credit card had expired. Now they're back online and one of those sites isn't doing well at all.

Prior I was having a similar problem of which Jill, our resident expert said to give it time. At that time I had serious doubts, BUT that site I was worried about is back on top with G using the best keyword(s) I can use.

Anyway, another site is non-existent in the SERPs. I have manually searched through page 7 at G. G has indexed most all the pages the site has to offer. I even used "quotes" at G and found the pages of that site are coming up. However, when I use the best keywords I have setup for the site and it's individual pages, I get nothing!

This phenomenon happened with another site of mine, but only one page. I made changes on that site and created only one more link to it and it regained top position at G in only a couple days.

Now I'm at a loss as what happened that G won't give my page(s) of that site any credibility to even show it in the SERPs using the best keywords I can think of.

1.) Do you have any idea what could have happened?
2.) Do you have suggestions on what changes I can do to the site or pages to have better results?

As always, your opinions and suggestions are always appreciated.

Webseeker

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,880 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:44 AM

Impossible to say without a thorough review. You might want to consider hiring an expert consultant.

#3 Webseeker

Webseeker

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

You might want to consider hiring an expert consultant.

Yeah, like that's gonna happen. LOL! Nope, can't do it Jill. I've come this far making a living online and had my fair share of victories and defeats. I have to see this through on my own using my knowledge, experience and other's opinions on a fix or what could be the problem. Troubleshooting has gotten me a long ways. Besides, forums like these are great for learning and sharing... and hopefully someone will throw out the right suggestion for me to try.

Not sure what the "Seo no no" is, but if it's "Don't let your hosting package expire.", I'd have to agree on that one! (right forum for this post? It was elsewhere)

=======================

Ok, I had several sites all go off-line for almost a full month. Another important site wasn't showing in the serps, then all of a sudden I starting getting my #1 positions back in their respective strong keyword(s). All except for one page on that site.(Each page represented a different product) That one page disappeared on Google. Now this could have been coincidence; I doubt it, but I created 2 anchored links to that page along with adding just a few more words of content and it was back #1 like before.

Now I have another site, the one I'm talking about now, and I can't get ANY of the pages to show in the serps at G. When I go to G and Site:mysite.com, it shows all the pages. When I go to some of the pages and grab snippets of content, I'll put them in quotes, go to G and see the darn phrase there.... so G does know about the site, it's pages and content.... but WON'T give me any love in the serps!

What gives?!!!! :fool:

Any advice on what I could try and do? Or perhaps suggestions on what may have happened?... and why?

Thanks,

Webseeker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!