• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Mcinternet... (Mcdonalds Reference)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MrBeegood

MrBeegood

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

Hi, My name is Jonny Beegood and this will be my first post. I became engaged in webdev and seo activities about 6 months ago. SEO is a pretty simple concept as far as I can tell so far. Use the appropriate meta tags, a few keywords in your content, and backlinks. Google made this system so that page 1 results would consist of websites most talked about by the general public. Ideal, but, it seems that this concept has opened the door for "McMarketing" -The act of marketing articles and websites simply to sell a lame ebook or earn adsense revenue. More and more I find that when I search for a tool or website I find a list of articles linking to the tool or site instead of the site itself, even if I search for the name of the tool or site. I see how this can be profitable to some but with the flood of McArticles its difficult to rank a meaningful site. Most of our SEO auto tools are outdated and blacklisted. It seems like a dying trade due to over population. Am I wrong? Will Google change things again? One could do onsite SEO for their site or article and, with enough resources, buy a ton of backlinks and achieve a high ranking but that doesnt mean the site is worth anything, or that the article hasn't been spun 17 times. We are killing the internet.

Edited by MrBeegood, 09 April 2012 - 03:18 PM.
removed "signature"

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,983 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

Google's working on it. That's what Panda and what some are calling their "over-optimization" penalty is all about.

See my article that came out today at TalentZoo:

Over-Optimization: It's Not Your Mother's SEO Anymore!

#3 MrBeegood

MrBeegood

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:17 PM

That is great I am happy to learn this because it seemed to me that in order to promote an onlione business I either had to pay for Offsite SEO, or spend all my time writing articles and build an audience. I am not a writer. I would like to offer my users more than a Google ranking. Actual products and services.

#4 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,145 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

Of course, you might be searching for Websites that have been penalized. SEO tools, especially, tend to get into trouble with search engines. If you're new to search engine optimization, here's a word of caution: don't become dependent upon SEO tools. They will weaken your competitive abilities.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!