• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Absolutely New To Seo, My Page Is Ranked 1 In Bing/yahoo 4 Google

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jenniferlynne

jenniferlynne

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

Hello, I am absolutely new to seo but did do extensive research on keywords and included them in content. The site is for a person in a green trade, and is very small, only 5 pages and the site is coming up on the first page on yahoo/bing and google for one of the cities that he services. Is this normal???? I don't know what to think of this as it is the first site that I built with optimization in the forefront. I wanted to post on a forum of experts even tho I am a beginner as I would like to know what could be the real reason for this. It is a relatively small area of the market, but, there are sites that are so much older, this site was put up in January, 2012. Thank you for your input!

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,963 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

Where you rank doesn't mean anything since it might be a phrase that nobody is searching for.

Are you getting traffic from the search engines on that phrase?

#3 jenniferlynne

jenniferlynne

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

Thank you for replying so quickly. He is in such a specialized area of work that I am very sure that there are not too many searches on that phrase, and yet the phrase is actually his trade. To check on the progress of the site i just typed in his keyword for his trade and the city that he especially wanted to work in, and as I said, his site came up. There is not much traffic from the search engines now, but, the ones that do click are from relevant domains, basically the ones who would be interested in hiring him. I really do appreciate your input, thanks again for your time.

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,963 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

The beauty of a niche!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your