• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Small Business Seo - On Or Off Page?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tktex

tktex

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:20 AM

Hi all,

For small businesses with a tight organic search marketing budget, does anyone have any insight into whether on or off-page optimization would yield longer-lasting results? What about faster results?

I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket, but am limited on time and money. Should I focus on time & budget on solid blogging/increasing social media engagement or on keyword research/creating on-page content?

Thanks!

TK

#2 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,087 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:14 AM

You have to create the content in order to have something to promote. Slide the dial both ways until you find your comfort zone. It's not the same for everyone.
  • Tiggerito likes this

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,929 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

Should I focus on time & budget on solid blogging/increasing social media engagement...

That is both on page and off page SEO. So yes, you should do that.

#4 deanaov

deanaov

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:26 AM

Focus your attention on using both types of SEO. On-page optimization is equally both important as the off-page optimization. When performing on-page optimization, don't only focus on keywords. You need to figure out the type of contents you're going to publish. How sure are you these contents are what your audience want to see? Are you sure it's high in quality? Are you sure it's up-to-date? If it's an article, is it informative? is it too long that it bores your readers? Or is it too short that your readers feel unsatisfied?

There are plenty of off-page optimization nowadays and most of them are free. However, you only need to choose what works well for your niche. For example, if your niche is about tennis, just regularly participate in forums and networking sites which talk about tennis strategies.

#5 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,848 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

off-page "optimising" is actually promotion.
  • piskie likes this

#6 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,087 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:13 AM

I have a strange sense of deja vu when reading a post above this one.

#7 bloghands

bloghands

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:40 PM

If you had time to do only one thing I'd say keep a blog updated with good content. 2nd place: get the business involved on major social networks.

Be very careful with getting to focused on on-page optimization especially this year. I recently was dealing with a client who got obsessed with squeezing every bit of juice out of his on-page optimization and now his site has been hit by the over-optimization(penguin) update by Google. Don't abuse keywords... use them when and where it makes sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!