• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Google "over-Optimization" Penalty

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 nuttakorn

nuttakorn

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:35 PM

Consider aggressive of exact match on anchor text and title (probably more than 60% of anchor text) as over-optimized?

#17 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,958 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:55 PM

Sounds spammy to me.

#18 thomasr

thomasr

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

So far the over optimization stuff I have seen all has to do with your link profile. And we have seen this with all the buzz around varying your anchor text. In fact I had on of my home pages fall out of the Google index. The inner pages keep on trucking but I do not have a diverse enough anchor text link profile I am guessing. Even though the majority is the actual brand name of the site?

#19 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,930 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:10 AM

The inner pages keep on trucking

Probably because you don't scrabble around getting crappy links to anything other than the "home" page, so links to "inner pages" will be genuinely 'natural'

#20 revaxmedia

revaxmedia

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:39 AM

I think this is going to target webmasters who do far too much in too little time, gradual progression the natural way will never be penalised.

#21 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,930 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:56 AM

I think this is going to target webmasters who do far too much in too little time, gradual progression the natural way will never be penalised.

Nope! It is WHAT is done NOT the pace at which it is done.
  • Jill likes this

#22 3ss3xDBT

3ss3xDBT

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:08 PM

Have just read Jill's article at talentzoo and submitted a question arising, which I paste here - hope that's allowed:

I have a brand-domain.tld which redirects to a keyword-rich-domain.tld. Although my offline marketing is all about the brand, all my incoming links are to the keyword-rich url. I chose the brand because it's more memorable (no hyphens) but it made sense to use the keyword rich url, which includes my location - my catchment area is no more than 20 miles. The point is is that I made these decisions because it seemed right for my marketing, regardless of any SEO needs. Is it likely that I'll be penalised for this post-Panda? Should I get rid of the redirect? What should I do with my existing keyword rich links?

#23 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,958 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

No you won't be penalized. You can use whatever domain you want for your site, and redirect whatever other ones to it that you want.

That said, in the long run you'll probably do better having your brand as your domain, in terms of marketing in general.

#24 3ss3xDBT

3ss3xDBT

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

That said, in the long run you'll probably do better having your brand as your domain, in terms of marketing in general.

True enough, thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!