• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Importance Of Blogging And Fresh Content?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 suzstephens

suzstephens

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

After searching the forum for your opinions concerning fresh content, I don't see any recent responses so I'd like to ask your opinions:

Real estate agents are constantly being told that they need to blog a lot to improve their SEO and that fresh content will make their sites do better in the search engines.

This advice seems to run counter to my actual experience of watching/analyzing stats for real estate websites of both agents who do blog and those who don't blog, as well as of sites that use a system that automatically posts new MLS listings to a site and ping the search engines every ten minutes. I can't see any improvement in ranking for sites with active blogs vs those without. Seems to me that site popularity as indicated by inbound links is still the single most important SEO element.

What do you folks think?

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,003 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

See my video at http://www.inspiredseo.com

#3 suzstephens

suzstephens

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:29 AM

Thanks Jill — your response confirms my experience. The only real estate blogs I've seen that rank well are a couple whose owners are such fabulous writers that their posts get thousands of backlinks.

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,003 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

Exactly! There has to be a reason for the blog and the updated content. There's no magic to simply having fresh content. It isn't going to make the rest of your site suddenly be awesome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!