• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Transfer Of Domain Name And New Pages On New Host (What Consequences)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 haroldhare

haroldhare

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:22 PM

I am buying a business with a domain name that fairs quite well with the search engines. I would like to build new pages and host them with a different hosting company than is used now.

My question is - what would be the consequences of this move with regards to appearing in search results? I am thinking (and hoping) that the DNS servers would get updated automatically to point to the new location and quite quickly and that there would be no change when using the same search criteria.

More of a networking question i suppose but any help on this would be great.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,983 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

As long as you have a reliable host, it shouldn't pose any problems for the search engines.
  • haroldhare likes this

#3 kuber

kuber

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:22 AM

Hi,
When you say the site ranks fairly well, is it one page or multiple pages? So when you move to a new hosting and adding pages, make sure that you keep the url of that high ranking page intact. Else if you are going to change that page you can use a 301 redirect to the new page.
Also I am sure you would have checked that the PR of the domain name is really as it claims to be, by passing it through a fake pr checker.
Hope it helps.

#4 haroldhare

haroldhare

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:36 AM

Thanks kuber

No, i had not come across these 'fake PR checker' tools before (shows how much of a newbie i am no doubt). I ran the url through one of these and it returned pagerank=0 so i suppose not so good. But I am happy with the position in the search results, given the appropriate search criteria, and am happy with the number of sites that the business gets a mention on.

There are just two pages on the site and i will keep the urls the same. Thanks again for your help.

#5 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,983 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

There's no reason to check the toolbar PageRank of the domain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!