• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

The New Look!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,636 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

OK, so I realize the new forum look is still somewhat "under construction" but I just had to say, so far I like it! Nice and clean looking, a little more modern. Only thing I've noticed so far -- I try clicking on the "smiley" button in the post editor and nothing happens... just hope we didn't lose all those great little guys in the transition! :)

(And in honor of the occasion, figured it was time to finally update my profile picture, after all these years. I hope everyone can still recognize me without my cartoon alter-ego.)

--Torka :propeller:

#2 TheGreatHefin

TheGreatHefin

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:40 PM

OK, so I realize the new forum look is still somewhat "under construction" but I just had to say, so far I like it! Nice and clean looking, a little more modern

Yes...I am new to this forum...so yesterday there was different theme and today the look has changed..i like this look..but i dont like the way Quoted content looks...its very difficult to realize where the quote ends...i hope there is a small border around it..soon...

Ok..Guess what...I just finished quoting...and this border has come... i really appreciate the Forums Designing team...

Edited by TheGreatHefin, 16 March 2012 - 02:41 PM.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,004 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

Thanks guys! I did upload all the old smilies and they seem to be there (did that this morning so check it now...seems to work for me).

I'm not sure what's up with all the old quoted text. It seems to have been lost in transition. But it works fine for any new quotes, so that's good at least.

The other thing that I'm trying to figure out is why we seemed to have lost many people's avatars. I have back ups, but I'm not sure where I can upload them to get them to work. I have a question into forum support so we'll see.

Please feel free to post any bugs you might find here. I'm doing this all myself and am still learning the ropes!

#4 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,627 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

I like the look too, but this morning there was a post I think I needed to moderate, and I couldn't figure out how. Then again, that may have had more to do with the time of day and the fact that I wasn't yet fully caffeinated than it did with the user interface.

#5 Hichem

Hichem

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:25 AM

Nice!
I love IPB and everything they do ..
It's great to update once in a while ..

#6 Mooro

Mooro

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:14 PM

Nice, much slicker so it seems on first impressions albeit a change from what I'm used to.

Still, I'm liking it

:)

#7 Mikl

Mikl

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:46 AM

Personally, I think it's going to take me a while to get used to the new look. But don't take any notice of that. It's just the way I am.

I noticed that the avatars had disappeared, but it only takes a moment for each of us to upload them again.

I also noticed, a couple of days ago, that the members' "interests" appeared in the post, under the avatar. I quickly deleted mine. While I don't mind making my interests known to anyone who specifically looks at my profile, I don't want them on display to the world at large. But this now appears not be showing anyway.

#8 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,004 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:44 AM

Yeah I removed that from showing as it wasn't appropriate for this forum. I actually removed most of the profile fields for any new members as well.

#9 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,636 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:32 PM

One thing I used to use but can't find now... the link to 'mark all forums as read'. I usually read every thread, so it's not a huge deal, but sometimes it's handy. Is it lurking around somewhere and I've just overlooked it? Or has that function gone AWOL?

#10 cfreek

cfreek

AAAHHHH!!1one1!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:49 PM

@torka - there is a "Mark Community Read" link at the bottom left, next to the RSS icon. That it?

#11 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,636 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:20 AM

A-HA! I knew it had to be around here somewhere. Thanks, cfreek! :notworthy:

#12 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

I am still getting used to the new look but I must say the old layout did feel kind of dated to me. I'm glad you decided to update the forums. I can live with the improperly formatted quotes.

#13 harpsound

harpsound

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:27 AM

First day - ewwww!
Second day - meh!
Third day - I kinda like it
Fourth day - kool!
Tomorrow - Jill is back to being my all time favourite interwebbie person

I have learned a tonne from this forum over the years.
And not just about websites either.

Thank you, Jill
As ever there is no advance without risk

Stephen
  • Jill likes this

#14 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,004 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:45 AM

Thanks, guys. Hey when you all have a chance could you try to "Like" a post, please? It gives me errors as if I don't have permission, but I haven't been able to figure out why or where to fix it yet. Wondering which groups it does it to. I know some new members were able to Like, so it may be just moderators, or even just me as an admin.
  • nuttakorn likes this

#15 scouseflip

scouseflip

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:01 AM

Hi Jill tried a like on this post but got a message saying "You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day". Have not "liked" anything previously!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!