• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Dofollow?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TheGreatHefin

TheGreatHefin

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE(fine0023 @ Jan 30 2012, 03:00 AM) View Post
I have an educational site that is linked to from many schools and libraries (mostly .us and .org sites). Obviously, this is nice for bringing people from those areas to my website. But I was just curious if anyone had any thoughts on whether having lots of those links also carry any weight for improving seo. Here's a totally random example of a page with a link to my site: REMOVED

It also Depends whether the link is a Do-Follow or a No-Follow link...a do-follow link from a relevant site will always be considered as more effective in SEO...having too many of these Do Follow links from all relevant websites would boost the seo rating of your site for sure...so keep doing it...and also make sure that most of them are Do Follow try downloading some Chrome or Firefox plugins which help you check wheter a link is Do Follow or Not...

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,960 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:47 AM

There is no such thing as "do-follow"

#3 TheGreatHefin

TheGreatHefin

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE(chrishirst @ Mar 14 2012, 07:17 PM) View Post
There is no such thing as "do-follow"

yes..i know there is no attribute value "DoFollow" so can i name it a Not No Follow Link ??...the point of my reply was a Not No Follow Link is more preferred than a link without a NoFollow attribute...

A site does not contain nofollow html code on links makes it a dofollow site even though no code exist that says dofollow. you can also call it a Not No Follow Site...if you feel it sounds good...

Ive been reading about SEO techques for quite a some time now...and i know that even if your link is marked "nofollow" to put it correctly...a rel=nofollow attribute it does not guarantee that the link would not be followed....

chrishirst i think you have something for the word dofollow ...as i just happened to check on quite a few forums you have got in an argument on proving your point that there is no such think as DoFollow....

We agree there is no such think as DoFollow...its just that the link is Not NoFollow

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,967 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:02 AM

I wouldn't worry too much about whether a link has nofollow on it or not. If the link has the potential to get your site and brand noticed then it's a good link.

#5 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,960 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

A site does not contain nofollow html code on links makes it a dofollow site even though no code exist that says dofollow.
Actually it does NOT.

There are more ways to prevent links from being seen/used/indexed by search engines than applying a rel="nofollow" to a link, there are 'mods' for systems that will stop links being 'links' unless you are actually logged in, but your silly "browser plugin" will happily tell you they will be "followed".

Even the "nofollow" value name is misleading as links flagged as "nofollow" links ARE actually "followed" to the target URL as the search engines WILL and DO use the link for 'URL discovery', what they do NOT do is to pass "value" to the target, such as REAL PR, anchor text or any other weighting they use.

There simply is NO method to instruct SEs that a link should pass value, even links that are not restricted in any way may not pass value.

So anybody announcing "do follow", do-follow" or dofollow" links is actually lying to you.

#6 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

I have to agree. The whole "nofollow/dofollow" concept has never really reflected reality.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!