• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Clearing Cache & Seo

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 T.N

T.N

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

Hello,

I've a WordPress website. Once I instal or uninstall a plugin, I get prompted with a message to clear my cache. Will that affect my ranking in Google? I guess the pages that Google sees won't be there any more till it is re-cached. That might harm my ranking. Is that true?

Thanks

#2 danaditomaso

danaditomaso

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

Can't say I've seen this warning in WordPress - what plugin is telling you to do this?

#3 T.N

T.N

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

Thanks danaditomaso for reply.

But regardless the plugin's name as I'm not sure if it is allowed here to mention it or not "promoting"..

will deleting cache harm my Google ranking?

Thanks..

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,987 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

What makes you think it would have anything to do with google? Your cache is in your own browser.

#5 Ron Carnell

Ron Carnell

HR 6

• 966 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

I guess the pages that Google sees won't be there any more till it is re-cached.

There are a number of WordPress plugins that will build static copies of otherwise dynamically created pages. The static pages often display faster and are less demanding on a busy-ish Web site. When the cache is cleared, your plugin will then rebuild the cache for each dynamic page individually as the page is requested.

Static or dynamic, Google and your visitors will see the same thing either way; one might just take a little longer than the other.

#6 T.N

T.N

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE(Ron Carnell @ Mar 9 2012, 09:47 PM) View Post
There are a number of WordPress plugins that will build static copies of otherwise dynamically created pages. The static pages often display faster and are less demanding on a busy-ish Web site. When the cache is cleared, your plugin will then rebuild the cache for each dynamic page individually as the page is requested.

Static or dynamic, Google and your visitors will see the same thing either way; one might just take a little longer than the other.

Thank you all & thanks Ron very much,

I wonder what happens if Google crawler comes to a website during that "delaying time". Will that lead to "rank decreasing" ? or it is nothing to be mentioned?

Thanks.

Edited by T.N, 10 March 2012 - 04:24 AM.

#7 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,038 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE(T.N @ Mar 10 2012, 09:19 AM) View Post
I wonder what happens if Google crawler comes to a website during that "delaying time". Will that lead to "rank decreasing" ? or it is nothing to be mentioned?

Thanks.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Crawlers are NOT browsers, they do NOT cache javascripts (which is the reason why you have to clear your browser cache), they DO NOT render pages, they simply read the source code and stream it into the database in the datacentre they were "sent out" from.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!