• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Rich Snippet For Product Page Helps Seo?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 samfing

samfing

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:26 PM

Schema.org has rich snippet for product page. I was wondering if anyone has seen any benefit by implementing this on e-commerce product page. I am curious to know what would be SEO benefit. Will product page start ranking in the search result all the sudden?

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,916 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:16 AM

Rich snippets are for how the search engines might display your information. So no, it won't make a page that is not already showing up for a search query to suddenly show up for it.

#3 Mikl

Mikl

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:23 AM

I use rich snippets for a recipe site. They allow a user to refine a search by specifying a maximum prep time, number or calories, whether to include or exclude specific ingredients, and so on.

As Jill says, this doesn't affect ranking in any way. But, if a user clicks the link that says they only want to see recipes, then any pages that don't have recipe-specific rich snippets would be excluded. So, for that reason, it's worth having them.

That said, I can't believe that many users do click on that link, or use any of the other recipe-specific filtering options. My guess is that the vast majority just visit the first few pages in the results until they find a recipe they like.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!