• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Panda 3.3 and Google's Change to Links

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 clandestino

clandestino

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:04 AM

The average density of any keyword on my sites is around 2.10. I thought that was low?

What do we mean by purchased links? If it means buying a gig from Fiverr then I'm guilty. I bought ONE link gig one time in 2011.

If we mean purchasing links like using Unique Article Wizard then yes, I've been using that for two years.

2.1% ratio of keywords to total words is not likely to get you a penalty. That's low.

Using an article spinning software is not a purchased link. I haven't heard of a single person being penalized for Article Marketing. The Article Sites haven't faired too well, though, so I don't think this is an up and coming link source.

The gig with Fiverr -- it depends on what they did. If they used BMR (a blog network who has had many of it's blogs de-indexed, they had 22K) to build your links, that would be it. That's the risk you take when you have an outside contractor build links for you. You have to know them and trust them with your website (maybe your source of income). Google -- blog networks -- and read up.

There are many other Blog Networks other than BMR, do some reading.

Go to webmaster tools and check your links. Do the top domains have about 10K to 30K links coming from them? It's either a sitewide link and they've got a lot of pages or there's a s**t load of blogs in there. Go to that site. Do they have a blogs tab? Do you have to register to get in there?

You can see in there by entering the following in the Seach Box --

site:spamsite.com www.yoursite.com, or
site:spamsite.com "your company name"
site:spamsite.com "keyword anchor text"

If you go to one of those pages, you may not be able to find you link easily. Just right click and select "view source" (Firefox) and then enter "Control F" and enter your url in the search box. It will highlight the first occcurrence of your URL and you can see where on the page your link is.

You need to get rid of the links with the big link count from one domain.

Also, go through each and every link, this will take a long time, whew!, and check for blogs or membership sites. Get rid of them.

This will be a long uphill climb my friend. If yours are just recreational sites, I would try to take down the links from the domains with the largest link counts, file a request for consideration and hope that does it or they are nice to you and tell you the offending links. If they do that, your life will be much easier. If they won't tell you what's wrong, I would consider walking away and buying another couple of domains. It's always faster getting up and running the second time.

Also remember, if you ever go to buy a domain, this is the kind of site you may be purchasing. You have to know who you are dealing with and there's not too many people you can trust out there.

If you depend on this site for income, I suggest you get busy and do the full plan I described above.

Also, set up a Google Docs spreadsheet and share that link at the very top of the Request for Reconsideration -- they may not read your whole Request for Reconsideration, they've got a lot of them.

Use that blog to document everything.

Also, this is a great time to finally clean up those sites and make them squeaky clean -- 1) updated and removed unneeded canonicals, 2) check 301's and fixed or removed non-working 301's 3) Removed duplicate Title Tags 4) Updated Title Tags to engage users (rather than stuff keywords -- don't include that) 5) Descriptions were re-written to engage users 6) Updated H-1's, H-2's for users 7) Removed non-essential footer links 8) No-followed links from my other site 9) Removed the 50,000 links from my brother's sites, I got tired of paying him every month -- just kidding! 10) Planning a system to create highly appealing content that will enage users and result in links editorially given, etc., etc, etc.

I believe they will give you credit for coming clean and working hard to remove all the SEO driven optimization that users won't appreciate.

Remember, a real person will audit your site, so they need to see the results.

That's the best advice I can give and it assumes that blog networks are the source of the problem.

Any reciprocal links?

Edited by ChuckFinley, 30 April 2012 - 04:18 AM.

#32 JeffWise

JeffWise

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:54 AM

@Chuck,

Thank you for your comments!

I appreciate you trying to help me.

I've even attempted to hire someone but I canceled it for now because I don't think they really know what to do.

I contacted Unique Article Wizard and talked to them at length. They assured me that sending 25 articles out per day wasn't harmful but they recommended I do it to only 5 per day to see what happens.

I tried to clean up as much as I knew how to do and I sent in a reconsideration but haven't heard anything.

To answer your questions:

1. From fiverr I ordered a red link pyramid in August of 2011. I also ordered a gig in November 2011 for 275 backlinks from PR4 plus websites. That's it. I have an excel sheet to all the places these links were submitted to. Most of them were out of the U.S.A.

2. Google Webmaster tools. I only have 8,932 links coming to my main site. Top sites with links coming in are jumptags, healthhabits.ca, wordpress.com, url.org and ezinearticles.

3. As far as the clean up duties you mentioned, I don't know how to do most of those. I'll have to research it.

Something I did find weird was that they are indexing my blog twice and I wonder if they consider that duplicate content. They are indexing /kids-exercise and /kids-exercise/

They also say I have 10 duplicate title tags and 6 duplicate meta descriptions but I fixed those two weeks ago!

I'm going to listen in to a webinar tonight and I'll see what they have to say too.

#33 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,011 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:57 PM

From fiverr I ordered a red link pyramid in August of 2011. I also ordered a gig in November 2011 for 275 backlinks from PR4 plus websites. That's it. I have an excel sheet to all the places these links were submitted to. Most of them were out of the U.S.A.]

Well there you go.

#34 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,110 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:50 AM

From fiverr I ordered a red link pyramid

Ooooh! Can I get one? I could put it on my desk next to the R2D2 USB hub!!!!!! </sardonic wit> :D

I also ordered a gig in November 2011 for 275 backlinks from PR4 plus websites.

and you hoped to achieve what?

Because once you bring SGB PR into a linking equation you ARE going to be disappointed by the outcome.

#35 cfreek

cfreek

AAAHHHH!!1one1!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:14 AM

Oh, wow! The red link pyramid metraflux doojawhat comes with a Web 2.0 of my very own! AND it says

Every One Knows That link pyramids are the most effective seo strategy available to boost your search engine rankings

so it must be great!
  • Jill likes this

#36 clandestino

clandestino

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:58 AM

Oh, wow! The red link pyramid metraflux doojawhat comes with a Web 2.0 of my very own! AND it says [color=#4B4B4B][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] so it must be great!

LOL x 10,000!

#37 JeffWise

JeffWise

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

We all make mistakes and that's fine because that's how we learn.

What I'm looking for is constructive criticism and applicable ways to help me dig out of this mess.

How can I reverse the 2 Fiverr gigs?

How is one to recover?

If the only answer is to hire an SEO expert then please tell me that.

Also, are tools like Unique Article Wizard dead now? Why?

#38 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:52 PM

Send Google your spreadsheet and tell them what you did.
  • OldWelshGuy and chrishirst like this

#39 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,110 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

True! Just sometimes we can't help having a smug chuckle when somebody has followed the advice of "experts", it's nothing personal of course.

What I'm looking for is constructive criticism and applicable ways to help me dig out of this mess.

Unless you can get the links taken down you can't reverse it.

How is one to recover?

If the only answer is to hire an SEO expert then please tell me that.

No, No, NO! A SEO "expert" is the very LAST thing you need, you need to take advice from someone who knows what they are doing.

I would have thought that given your current predicament that would be self-explanatory.

And grovel somewhat :)

#40 clandestino

clandestino

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

Posted ImageMichael Martinez, on 10 May 2012 - 10:52 AM, said:

Posted Imagechrishirst, on 10 May 2012 - 10:56 AM, said:

And grovel somewhat :)

I concur.

How is one to recover?

You identify which links then hire someone to take them down. I would look to Fiverr, Amazon Mechanical Turk, Elance, etc.

If the links go to a specific page and you can get along without that page, remove it and the links will be gone too.

I read an article that had some good advice -- stop using any system or program that has a name and is widely marketed. You can be pretty much rest assured that Google has bought them and studied them.

It don't think I'd want to take the risk. If you insist, wait a while and see what gets posted in the Black Hat forums. Let them test it and report back to you.

Edited by Jill, 10 May 2012 - 03:53 PM.
Merged 2 posts in a row

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!