• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Choosing Between Rel=author & Rel=publisher

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tcolling

tcolling

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

Hi - I own an in-home caregiving business and we have a website that is built on WordPress, and the site includes traditional pages like a home page, a page that describes the services that we provide, etc. It also includes a blog. The blog includes articles written by me and by others, who write articles for us under contract. The site has benefited greatly from insightful review and suggestions from Jill as well as others here.

The purpose for the website is to promote our business; more specifically, to get prospective clients or their families to call us to inquire about receiving service from us.

I have created Google+ pages for myself and for our business. For now, the main purpose of those pages is to use in improving the SERP rankings for our business so that more people find us in performing Google searches.

I have successfully implemented a rel=author link for the website's pages back to our

The question I have is this: given the business purpose of the site and the blog, which of the following would be most effective, from an SEO perspective:
1. only use the author tag and set it to be linked to our company G+ account
2. only use the author tag and set it to be linked to my personal G+ account
3. only use the publisher tag and link it to our company G+ account
4. use the publisher page, linked to our company G+ account, AND the author tag, linked to the company G+ account
5. use the publisher page, linked to our company G+ account, AND the author tag, linked to my personal G+ account

...or, something else altogether?

Thanks!

- Tim

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,008 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

There's no right or wrong answer and it depends on how you're using all the accounts. But if you're writing all the articles, I'd probably go with:

5. use the publisher page, linked to our company G+ account, AND the author tag, linked to my personal G+ account

#3 tcolling

tcolling

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Feb 23 2012, 01:30 PM) View Post
There's no right or wrong answer and it depends on how you're using all the accounts. But if you're writing all the articles, I'd probably go with:

Hi Jill -

Thank you very much for taking time to respond to my question. I appreciate your help!

I am not writing all the articles, but they are "works for hire" and thereby property of the company. AND, I do still write a fair number of them. AND I do still edit the ones that are written by others quite a bit.

So, all in all I like your suggestion. I think that that's the right choice too.

- Tim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!