• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Linking Content Pages

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BestMedical

BestMedical

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:46 AM

I'm pretty new to SEO so I have a question about linking my content. On my website I sell medical equipment and have category pages such as mobility scooters, power wheelchairs etc. I've been writing article pages about each topic and placing a link to the article from my category product page and a link from the article to the category page. Should I not include a link on the main category page and only a link from the article to the main category page?

Any insight on this would be very appreciated. My website is very new so I've been trying to do as much link building as I can but I'm hoping including plenty of quality content can also help me catch some of my competition.

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,848 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:37 AM

If the articles are on your site, link to where you want visitors to go.

#3 Mikl

Mikl

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:33 AM

If the article provides more information about the product, and if it therefore might help the customer make a purchase decision, then you should definitely link to it from the product page. Furthermore, the anchor text should make it clear what sort of information the article contains.

But of course you also need an easy way for the customer to get back to the page where they actually purchase the product.

#4 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:53 AM

From an SEO perspective, there's nothing wrong with what you're doing. But consider the content funnel. Where do you want people to go? What is the most logical path for them to take that will lead them to a buying decision? Just putting up content for the sake of putting it up can confuse people. Always ask yourself why you're adding the content.

You've used the terms "category page" and "category product page." These are usually separate pages. Or do you have it set up so that the visitor purchases directly from the category page? Map out the funnel and be sure not to lead visitors into a dead end. For instance:

Search Engine Listing > Home Page > Mobility Scooters > Article > ???????
You'd need some way to get them back into a position to buy. Perhaps a link at the end of the article would do.

Then, if someone enters from a search listing to the Category Page or Article Page, they will always have a path that leads to a potential sale.

#5 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,929 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:44 AM

We have a similar thread here as well: http://www.highranki...showtopic=47055

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your