• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Unnatural Links Warning From Google

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 suzstephens

suzstephens

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

I noticed the message below regarding one of the sites I designed on GWT this morning. The SEO guy who has been working on this site is out of touch this week. (He has worked on lots of my sites for years and does link-building VERY slowly. I've never seen a problem like this before.) Traffic to the site hasn't dropped.

Is there anything specific that I can do to identify links that Google considers to be "bad" or "unnatural"?

I've researched this for hours in Google's help files and by searching Google and haven't been able to locate any info on how to indentify the links that need to be deleted.

Dear site owner or webmaster of http://www.xxxxxxx.com/,

We've detected that some of your site's pages may be using techniques that are outside Google's Webmaster Guidelines.

Specifically, look for possibly artificial or unnatural links pointing to your site that could be intended to manipulate PageRank. Examples of unnatural linking could include buying links to pass PageRank or participating in link schemes.

We encourage you to make changes to your site so that it meets our quality guidelines. Once you've made these changes, please submit your site for reconsideration in Google's search results.

If you find unnatural links to your site that you are unable to control or remove, please provide the details in your reconsideration request.

If you have any questions about how to resolve this issue, please see our Webmaster Help Forum for support.

Sincerely,

Google Search Quality Team

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,967 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:55 PM

I would imagine that whomever they paid to get the bad links would likely know how to find them.

#3 piskie

piskie

HR 7

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:53 AM

Another possibility is that they have extensively linked (at many levels) between most or all of their clients.
Try looking at their client portfolio if they publish one. Then choose a couple of likely candidates and do a laborious search.
Remember, they may have if not hidden these clinks, but somehow obscured them.

I fixed one of these situations once and the complexity of the tangled web was quite extraordinary.
That one didn't feature a Google warning, but took almost 6 months to recover decent SERPs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!